Assembly Regulations for Halls
GENERAL RULES FOR RIGGING
If assembly involves the hanging of structures in the Halls, for the correct procedure we recommend you to read in detail both the Manual and the General Rules.
- Submit the decoration project to the Administrative Office one month before set-up begins.
- 1. Fill out the protocol for the prevention of labour risks (business activity coordination) and submit it to the Administrative Office, Exhibitor Service or the Hall Manager.
- 2. Two-storey stands. The project must include detailed plans signed by a certified senior technician and passed by the corresponding association in Madrid. (Project certificate and construction management certificate)
Assembly charges must have been paid (Servifema).
- 3. In order to be allowed to hang items from the hall structures, you must apply for the corresponding authorisation from the Fair Services Department (Administrative Office). For said authorisation to be given, items must be included in the decoration project. You must fill in the form and hand it in at the administrative ofice, at exhibitor service or to the hall manager.
- 4. If you have to lay wiring through our service channels, you must fill in the corresponding form (antenna/wiring connection between stands) and submit it to the Administrative Office, Exhibitor Service or the Hall Manager.
- 5. If you have to carry out work using heat (applicable to: cutting, welding and the use of equipment that produces heat or a flame), you must fill in the corresponding form and submit it to the Administrative Office, Exhibitor Service or the Hall Manager
- 6. Exhibitors wishing to offer a catering service in their stands, must complete the Catering in Stands Communication form, and send it to the address that it is written in it.
- 7. Request for Authorisation to install WIFI.
- 8. Private monitoring form stands.
- When you are in the hall and before beginning assembly work, you must check the location of the stand and any services contracted with the Hall Manager.
- Whilst work is being undertaken on the fair premises, all companies shall be required to correctly identify the machinery they use (telescopic cradles, cranes, forklift trucks, etc), and to provide a contact telephone number for the manager of the company in charge of leasing said machinery. All this information shall be submitted to the Hall Manager prior to beginning work.
With reference to the above, and as is stipulated in Article 38 of the General Participation Regulations, "Vehicles cannot be left parked either within the halls or in the adjacent areas". Only if it should be considered necessary may authorisation be requested through the Hall Manager. If IFEMA deems fit, it will determine the parking place and length of time.
- Pursuant to ruling legislation on urban waste, it is compulsory for all exhibitors and companies contracted and/or subcontracted to assemble stands to remove the materials used for the set-up within the time periods laid down for said purpose.
Once the time period laid down for assembling the stand has lapsed, any materials which still remain in the hall shall be removed by IFEMA. The exhibitor and the contracted and/or subcontracted companies shall forfeit their right to claim for any loss or damage to the same, and any expenses relating to the removal of the materials shall be invoiced by IFEMA, in accordance with the prices laid down in the service contracting folder, and paid for by the former.
While the fair is on:
- In order to carry out maintenance work on a stand while a fair is being held, the decorator or assembler must request, via its exhibitor, authorisation from the fair service department (Hall Manager) which, after assessing said request, will issue the authorisation.
- In application of ruling legislation on urban waste, exhibitors are obliged, jointly with their contractors, to remove, at the end of the Exhibition, all waste directly deriving from their activity or that of their contractors, including assembly materials, décor, plastics, packaging, paints, etc.
Accordingly, all exhibitors and companies contracted and/or subcontracted to set up or dismantle the stands are obliged to set up, dismantle and remove the materials used for the set-up within the time periods established for this.
When the established time period for the dismantling of the stand has lapsed, all the materials which still remain in the hall shall be removed by IFEMA. Exhibitors lose all rights to claim for losses and damages of these materials and shall be responsible for payment of the expenses related to their removal which will be charged by IFEMA in accordance with the rates established in the Service Orders Folder.
If companies should not have sufficient means to remove waste, IFEMA will provide a special service for said purpose which shall be invoiced at the current rates per square meter of any stands from which waste has to be removed.